Knowledge Automation Helps Stranded Drivers Get Back on The Road
Customer since: January 2019
Number of users: 150
80%+ reduction in time to retrieve answers
- Virtually eliminated time to find information from 4 minutes to less than 30 seconds, drastically improving first contact resolution.
- Saved on physical labor and made support more cost effective by drastically improving collaboration between CSRs and stranded drivers via smarter content guidance powered by decision tree logic.
- Reduced the need to run manual searches through a seamless CRM integration that powers relevant content suggestions to CSRs in real-time.
Why Finding Answers Was Originally Impossible
The best-case scenario took a significant amount of time. The oft-occurring worst-case scenario was that a CSR would:
- Place callers on hold
- Spend valuable time trying to locate the correct answer,
- Return to inform the caller that they did not have the answer
- Ultimately dispatch someone who could assist them in person.
The Search for an Innovative Solution
Determined to find a solution to their customer care problem, Viking conducted an exhaustive search. “It was difficult to find the perfect knowledge management system. Our team searched high and low and found many knowledge bases, but none of them were different, and that’s what I was looking for.” – Lead Project Manager at Viking.
For starters, Viking wanted a unified, single screen support solution for their CSRs to improve their day-to-day experiences, help them find answers faster, and manage exceptional customer experiences on a more consistent basis. After leveraging Shelf’s API to achieve a seamless integration with their homegrown CRM and ticketing system, their solution was a reality.
We went from a process where CSRs had to navigate through endless folders, to answers automatically being presented in real-time. It was transformational for our customer support. Now our CSRs just do the work that they’d normally do, and almost magically, answers appear on the sidebar of our CRM.”
– Eric Hepburn, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Agent Assist is Transformative
Viking also developed an Agent Assist module, powering real-time answers from their knowledge using inputs entered directly into their CRM. Eric Hepburn explains, “It was an “A-ha! moment” for the company; not only were we able to achieve a single system feel, but we were able to leverage Shelf’s information architecture and unique search capabilities
to proactively push relevant results to our CSRs.”