Comparison Guide: Shelf vs. SharePoint as a Knowledge Base
setting up your information architecture so you
can launch fast and get more value
heavy lifting and friction out of onboarding and
over from other cloud platforms, or capture
content while surfing the web
notifications, commenting, content views, ratings
and company branding
guided help menus, and live chat support
content usage and continually optimize for high value, accurate information
and structured courses for ongoing training
Find anything in seconds
Tracking things down can be distracting and stressful, stay in the flow with a better search experience. Shelf helps you find things quickly through in-document search and filters.
- Search inside of PDFs, Word docs, presentations, Google docs, and even inside PDG, PNG, and GIF images.
- Browse using 8 filters including: tags, dates, filter format, added by and source.
- Advanced search is like having Google for your company’s information.
Quickly capture any type of content
The important information your people need to do their job is stored in a variety of locations, in a dizzying array of file formats. Shelf is compatible with all of it!
- Sync individual files or entire folders in your cloud storage accounts like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Shelf’s Collaborative Web Clipper captures all kinds of web content including blog posts, LinkedIn profiles, YouTube videos, infographics, articles, and more.
- A bulk upload feature saves hours and hours of time that would otherwise be spent recreating the same exact content in a wiki format.
Flexible, easy organizing
One of the major drawbacks of wiki-based solutions such as Confluence is how hard it is to adjust and reorganize content over time. Minor oversights create major headaches down the road.
- Reorganize folders and files on the fly with Shelf’s Drag and Drop abilities.
- Create and manage Groups around specific projects, business units, and other company initiatives.
- Each user can customize their dashboard with the content that’s most relevant and important to them.
Use Shelf for:
- Creating a knowledge portal of your team’s most important content…without needing to spend significant time or invest resources in building it out
- Capturing web content and organizing it alongside your traditional and online documents
- Organizing content siloed in different locations such as Dropbox, Drive, Gmail, OneDrive, Slack, etc., in a single, easy to search location
- Having a much more powerful search experience with includes; advanced search, searching the text inside of documents and image search (OCR)
- Automatically attaching metadata to content, and using filters to sort and locate content by Tag, Date, Added By, Source, File Format, and more.
- Decluttering your team’s digital workspace, leaving them to work from the best available information
- Gathering content that is scattered across the internet, cloud storage platforms and people’s desktops and centralizing them in a single place
If you’re looking for an easy and effective way to manage content that already exists, but is really hard to find and organize, then Shelf could be the right product for you.