Overview: One of the most important things that Shelf does is make it easier to find content that is scattered across your various cloud applications. So it only makes sense that we integrate with Google Drive...with Shelf’s findability tools and easy-to-understand permissions system, finding information and sharing it with the right team members has never been so easy! Now you can spend less time trying to locate important documents and spend more time collaborating on them.
1) Start by clicking on the Menu icon in the top right hand corner of the application. Select “Import Content” from the drop down menu.
2) Shelf provides two useful ways to connect with your important content. One way to do so is via a one-time import.
3) The other option is to sync selected files, folders, even your entire cloud account so any updates are reflected in Shelf. This is particularly useful for collaborative platforms like Google Drive, where files are constantly being updated.
4) If no pop-up appears, go into your browser pop-up manager and allow pop-ups from auth.shelf.io. Even after you allow for pop-ups, you might see a screen like this for a moment or two. Don’t worry, Shelf is simply authenticating against your Google Drive.
5) The last step of the authentication process is to allow Shelf to have offline access. Once this is completed, you won't have to go through this process again for future Google Drive syncs.
6) Prior to selecting the files and/or folders to connect, we provide a bit more detail about the Sync.
7) You are now free to select the files that you want to connect to Shelf. Your are free to add documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos...even entire folders.
8) Once the files have been highlighted, click on the "Select" button in the bottom left hand corner.
9) Before the connection begins, you'll be asked to select a Group or Folder location where the files will be saved to. In the example we are syncing the files to the For Demo folder.
10) Click "Upload" to commence the sync.
11) You'll be alerted to the fact that the sync has begun. Depending on the volume of content being synced, and other factors such as your internet connection speed, this will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. The good news is that you are free to navigate Shelf or add more content while this takes place in the background.
12) Now that the connecton has been made, a green notification will appear on the Google Drive button.
13) As the sync process takes place in the background, a progress bar will appear in the lower right hand corner of the app to keep you apprised of the progress of the upload.
14) Once the sync process is complete, you'll be prompted with a sucess message from within the application.
15) Shelf will automatically select a thumbnail image for each piece of content that is added to the app. This may take a minute or two, depending on the volume of content being connected and your internet connection speed.