Sr Backend Node.js Developer
Our mission at Shelf is to enable all employees to instantly know more. Shelf is a highly awarded, innovative knowledge automation platform that revolutionizes how organizations curate and distribute company knowledge! With our powerful MerlinAI, Shelf helps organizations move from their difficult to use, legacy knowledge base to knowledge automation delivering answers on demand to employees with questions, to front-line staff interacting with prospects or customers, and to self-service interactions via your website. With many pre-built integrations, SDKs and APIs, Shelf’s open knowledge infrastructure is extensible and integrates seamlessly with enterprise applications to improve the customer experience and employee productivity.
We are experiencing rapid growth and quickly need to expand the engineering team globally to keep up with market demand. This is an incredible opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization growing revenue at over 400% per year. We have successfully acquired dozens of large enterprises including Fortune 100 customers and always deliver a great customer experience. Check out our recent funding announcement!
Did you ever wonder how top engineers from Netflix, Uber, or Twitter built their backend systems to handle such a high load? Well, this is a great opportunity to join a growth-stage technology start-up and experience building scalable and performant backend distributed systems using a modern tech stack.
We’re proud of our code quality. Our codebase has 90%+ unit tests coverage. We facilitate publishing open-source software and cleaning up the tech debt. We write TypeScript and Node.js 14, conduct peer code reviews, backend excellence meetings, maintain shared coding standards, practices, linters, presets, etc.
We’re looking for intellectually curious, motivated developers who have a growth mindset and get energized each day to seize a massive opportunity.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Experience with multiple AWS services (beyond just EC2 & S3)
- Hands-on experience and understanding of NoSQL databases and their constraints
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Work on a B2B product that is used by tens of thousands of users from such organizations like Glovo (yes, Ukrainian as well), HelloFresh, Herbalife, etc, and experiencing growth every consecutive month
- Build backend APIs in a self-sufficient delivery team that ships code to production frequently
- Develop technical designs once you’re more familiar with the overall architecture
- Work with BAs in the initial stage of feature development to help them design requirements in a lean way given technical constraints
- Be responsible for the features you built and shipped to production
- Utilize AWS services to build Infrastructure as a Code using Terraform
- Regularly conduct code reviews of your teammates
- Mentor more junior developers on your team
- Contribute to improving overall backend organization by sharing your unique experience, learnings, best practices, and patterns
What Shelf Offers:
- Company Stock Options
- Medical insurance
- 19 days of paid vacation leave per year. Unlimited sick leaves
- Hardware: MacBook Pro. Software: WebStorm, Wallaby.js, etc
- Opportunity: Career growth beyond Senior Developer role (both on technical and managerial tracks)
- Education: access to Udemy Business account, company library of books, other opportunities are discussed on an individual basis
- Modern technical stack (stackshare.io/shelf/shelf). Develop open-source software (github.com/shelfio)
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com