Junior QA Engineer
Our mission at Shelf is to enable all employees to instantly know more. Shelf is a highly awarded, innovative knowledge automation platform that revolutionizes how organizations curate and distribute company knowledge! With our powerful MerlinAI, Shelf helps organizations move from their difficult to use, legacy knowledge base to knowledge automation delivering answers on demand to employees with questions, to front-line staff interacting with prospects or customers, and to self-service interactions via your website. With many pre-built integrations, SDKs and APIs, Shelf’s open knowledge infrastructure is extensible and integrates seamlessly with enterprise applications to improve the customer experience and employee productivity.
We are experiencing rapid growth and quickly need to expand the engineering team globally to keep up with market demand. This is an incredible opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization growing revenue at over 400% per year. We have successfully acquired dozens of large enterprises including Fortune 100 customers and always deliver a great customer experience. Check out our recent funding announcement!
As a QA engineer, you will have the chance to make a considerable contribution to the quality and reliability of our product and organization. Your responsibilities will be centered around analyzing, testing, and reporting on a product’s overall function. Also, you will be able to participate in Research phases and Data analysis with RnD teams and contribute to the API and UI automation frameworks.
If you are seeking a position that will help you develop critical skills like communication and critical thinking, then this job is just what you are looking for.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 1+ year of professional testing experience preferably in web application testing
- Ability to understand and verify business requirements
- Independently perform test design and create test cases
- Administer and maintain dedicated test environment, manage test tools and test data
- Raise test-related issues and work together with developers towards their resolution
- Work with Defect Tracking System (JIRA)
- Participate in identifying areas for improvement and suggest solutions
- Enjoy working with a Team and willing to follow process conventions
- Strong knowledge of English (reading, writing, and speaking)
It will be a plus if you have:
- Experience in working with and testing the integration of external APIs
- Worked in Agile Development Teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience with or at least interest in test automation
- Experience with Typescript, Playwright, Jest
- Familiarity with OpenAPI Specification (ex-Swagger)
- Experience with API testing (e.g. using Postman)
- Ability to run basic database queries as needed for testing
- purposes (e.g. MongoDB)
- Knowledge of basic Shell scripting and Linux commands
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to the product team;
- Implement testing procedures and oversee the QA process over your team;
- Perform manual testing web applications and systems across the platform (primarily UI functional tests);
- Perform manual testing the REST/GraphQL API of micro-services;
- Design of the test cases and execution, test data preparation;
- Identify and report defects, track them across the bug lifecycle.
What Shelf Offers:
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org