Overview: Administrators of Shelf have a convenient dashboard that allows them to easily manage the inner-workings of their instance. This includes: inviting new users, managing user access and permissions, a summary of key account statistics and billing management.
1) If you have administrator privileges for your Shelf, you will be able access the Admin Dashboard by clicking on the menu bar in the top right hand corner of the application.
2) This will bring you to a page that will display the various actions you can take as an Admin.
3) As you navigate through the Admin Dashboard, these options will always appear on the left hand sidebar.
4) Starting with Account Summary (on the top of the left hand nav) we’ll see that you can get a quick view into the user makeup of your Shelf in terms of the number of Admins, Users, and Members who have been invited to the instance.
5) At a glance you can see how much storage you’re using - the good news is that we give you a lot to work with!
6) We breakdown the amount of content in your system by: total # of Gems, # of Groups/Libraries, and the # of Folders.
7) Moving onto the Manage Users screen, we can view lists of system users. They are broken down into three categories: Active, Inactive, and Unconfirmed.
8) Creating a new user is simple - start by clicking on “New”.
9) The Create New User lightbox allows you to create a user and assign their access privileges in a single process. In this example we are creating a new user who has the email address email@example.com.
10) Immediately after creating the user an invitation will be sent to the email address you designated so they can select a password and confirm access. Until they take this step they will appear in on the “Unconfirmed” user list.
11) Here we see the user we just created with Member privileges. Click here for more information on User Types and Privileges.
12) Admins have the ability to adjust a user’s privileges by highlighting the person in question and clicking on “Edit”.
13) Once the “Edit” lightbox appears, an admin has the ability to change the user role and alter that individual’s privileges.
14) After reassigning the role, the admin clicks “Update” to apply the changes. This is a system-wide adjustment to their privileges. Click here for more information on User Types and Privileges.
15) A success message will notify the admin that the privileges have been adjusted and the new user role will appear next to that individual.
16) Now we’ll work our way to the Invite Users screen. This is the best place to invite multiple users at the same time - you can add as many email addresses as you’d like at one time.
17) Once the email addresses have been added, the Admin will have the opportunity to remove any unwanted email addresses by clicking on the Trash icon located next to each email.
18) Clicking the “Invite” button will send unique emails to each invited individual, encouraging them to verify their account, choose a password, and access Shelf for the first time.
19) However, prior to sending out invitations , the admin may wish to change the user role for certain individuals. By default, everyone is assigned to the Member role, but if an admin would like to change the settings for a user they can access the simple drop-down menu to select a more appropriate role.
20) Administrators also have the ability to view and manage all Groups in their Shelf from the Manage Groups page. Refer to the Manage Access to a Group tutorial for more details.
21) The final screen is the Payment Details page where admins go to provide general account information for invoicing purposes.
22) This is also the location where admins go to securely add their credit or debit card details for billing.
23) Adding a credit card is fast and easy and Shelf utilizes Stripe for payment processing to ensure that sensitive personal information remains encrypted and inaccessible.