Overview: This section walks a new user through how to install the Shelf Web Clipper in Chrome. This activity is incredibly quick and easy and will allow a user to grab all sorts of web content - articles, YouTube videos, bookmarks, podcasts, infographics, and more. Adding content to Shelf is the best way to find important info later on, so it is highly recommended that you perform this action at the same time that you create a new Shelf account.
1) Open Chrome and follow this link to the Chrome Store which will bring you to a web page that looks like this. Click the "Add to Chrome" button.
2) Click “Add Extension” when the pop-up dialogue appears.
3) Success Message - a new screen will appear and you will receive a success notification in the upper right hand corner. The Shelf Web Clipper icon now appears in the upper right hand corner of Chrome.
4) Login for the first time - a Thank You message will appear. Click on the Web Clipper icon and login for the first time.
5) Login using the same username and password that you created when you first established your Shelf account.
6) You'll know that you're successfully logged in when you see the touchpad and your email address in the lower left hand corner.