Overview: This section explains how you can easily upload multiple files from your desktop or file server content into Shelf. Adding content to Shelf is the best way to find important info later on, so it is highly recommended that you perform this action when logging into Shelf the first time.
1) Click the “Create” Button – it's orange and circular and is found along the top of the application
2) Select “File Upload” on the Touch Pad – the File Upload option is located in the bottom row of options in the Touch Pad, in the middle.
3) Select Folder/Group Location – you will be presented with a list of all of the Folders and Groups that you have access to. If you wish to upload content to a sub folder, be sure to click on the arrows to the left of the Folder/Group to expand the selection
4) Click “Upload” Button
5) Select Files to Upload – once you’ve located the files you wish to upload on your PC or file server, left click your mouse and drag it over the files of your choosing. Another approach is to hold down “CTRL” on your keyword and click on each individual file.
6) Click “Open” Button – this will start the upload process.
7) Import File Upload – Shelf is blazing fast when it comes to uploading content. You can add any kind of file you want…PDF’s, audio, PowerPoint, video…and it will be uploaded in a matter of seconds. The progress bars in the lower right hand corner display the status of any in progress uploads.
8) Upload Complete – when the bulk upload is complete you’ll be notified with an alert. Clicking “OK” will refresh your screen display all of the new content you’ve added to Shelf. Please allow a minute or two for the preview thumbnail images to appear.
9) The other option for performing a bulk upload is to simply right-click on the desired Group, Folder, or Sub-Folder and follow the same steps outlined above.